Kaymbu allows multiple ways for users to upload videos into the system. Depending on the length and how the video was taken, there are different recommended methods to upload your content into the system.
Capturing Videos through the Mobile App
The Kaymbu mobile app has the ability to capture videos directly through the app. You can learn more about capturing observations through the mobile app in this article. The length of the video you can capture through the app is dependent on the Kaymbu plan you have. If you wish to share a video that is longer than your app limit, you will need to capture the video through another app or device. Please see the next section on how to upload videos taken outside of the app!
Uploading Videos through the Web App
In order to upload videos taken outside of the mobile Kaymbu app, users need to access Kaymbu via the web app by logging into http://www.my.kaymbu.com. Navigate to the New Observations page, click the green plus button on the bottom right, and then click "Upload Photo/Video" and select the video.
Through this method, you have the ability to upload videos that are longer than your app video limit, for example, if you have a video that is 5 minutes or more. The exact maximum length of the video you can upload through this method ultimately depends on the quality of the video that you have captured. Specifically, Kaymbu allows files up to 1024 MB to be uploaded.
Uploading via Google Drive
If you are interested in sharing a much larger video with families and coworkers, there are reliable, free tools outside the system available to upload and share files.
In these circumstances, we heavily recommend using Google Drive to upload your files. Google Drive is an online storage system that is free to use. You can access Google Drive with your Gmail account , or easily create a free Google account in a matter of a few minutes. Once you have a Google Drive account, you can then easily upload files, share those files, as well as allow access for others to download the files that you have uploaded.
Uploading to Google Drive:
Once you have created a Google account, sign into Google Drive by accessing http://www.drive.google.com
After logging in, at the top left of your screen, you will have a “New” Icon, which you can click to view the options for the types of content you can upload to your Drive. Once you click the item that you would like, your browser will pull up your file picker window, through which you can navigate, locate, and select what you wish to upload.
- You can select File Upload to upload individual files. If you are interested in uploading one large video file, this is a good option. You can also upload multiple files by group selecting files from the window.
- You can upload a folder with multiple files in it by selecting Folder Upload. This is helpful if you have a large quantity of PDFs that you might want to share, but there are too many for you to manually select them all in File Upload. Simply find the folder you want to upload and click select.
- If you would like to create a folder first in Google Drive, and then upload FIles or Folders in there, click Folder (not to be confused with Folder Upload). After creating the folder in Drive, navigate to it, and then click “New”. Drive will automatically recognize and upload anything you select into the folder you are currently in.
- You can also start a blank file of one of Google’s many office tools (such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, Slides, etc.) through this list as well.
Creating a Link for Sharing
Once you have uploaded a file into Drive, you can then share this file by generating a link that you can send via email, through which people can click and access the files. They can view the file directly online, or can download the file to their computer or devices.
To create a link:
- Open the file in Google Drive
- Click the “More Options” button on the top right
- Click “Share”
- Click “Get Shareable Link” located on the top right of the window that appears
- Make sure “Anyone with the Link can View (or Edit)” is on if you are interested in having any families or teammates to have access to the file. If this is a more sensitive content, you can also change the access settings to meet your needs.
- Copy the link and you are ready
Sharing the Link via the Kaymbu System
Once you have a shareable link, there is no more need to worry about how big your file is when sharing them from Kaymbu! All you have to do is copy and paste the link as a text through either your Messaging feature or our Storyboard feature, and the text will be a clickable link that families can access when they receive the communication.
In the Messaging system, simply copy and paste the link and click Send after selecting your recipients.
View from Messaging
View in email as recipient
In the Storyboard section, you can also copy and paste the link into any sections that contain text. Even more, you have the ability to hyperlink a text, in which you can convert any selected text into a link that directs users to the file in Google Drive. As shown below, simply highlight the text you wish the convert, click the hyperlink button, and then paste the link. lThe Storyboard will also allow you to modify the text color or even juxtapose your link with a picture to make the content more engaging!