Staff Roster Overview
The Roster is where staff can be set up with access to Kaymbu. In order to set up a staff member, you will need their first and last name, email address, and phone number (optional). There are different levels of user profiles that can access specific levels of account entities.
Table of Contents
- Accessing Roster
- Add New Users
- Edit User Information
- Dynamic Users
- Move and Delete Users
You can access the Roster from the Kaymbu or COR Advantage app on your device or from the website my.kaymbu.com by going to Menu > Roster.
Add New Users
Each user level is designed to provide access to a specific entity level within your account.
Teachers have access to their specific classroom. Kaymbu defines three levels of administrator access:
- Directors have access to all of the classrooms in a center.
- Administrators have access to all of the centers and in an organization.
- Account Managers have access to all of the organizations within an account.
New users can be added to your account from the Account Manager, Administrator, Director or Teacher level.
Teachers can add other Teachers to their classroom.
Directors can add other Directors and Teachers.
Administrators can add other Administrators, Directors, and Teachers
Account Managers can add other Account Managers, Administrators, Directors, and Teachers.
Please note that:
- Your account may not have all of these levels, (e.g., at a one-center program, the highest level of access would be a Director.)
- An Administrator can add and edit users at their level and down, but not above (i.e., an Administrator can add and edit other Administrators, Directors, and Teachers, but not Account Managers.)
Add an Administrator
To add a new administrator to your account, navigate to Menu > Roster, and then to the Organizations page for Account Managers, the Centers page for Administrators, and/or specific center for Directors. After that, the process is the same! Click on the tab at the top of the page, then select the green circle plus button to add a new user.
Add the user’s first and last name, email address, and phone number (optional). You can choose to either create a unique password for them that they are able to change after they have logged in or you can leave the password field blank. If you chose to leave the password field blank, the user will receive an email prompting them to set up a password.
You can click on a user profile at any time to update the information! Just click on the edit (pencil) button to update the email address or password.
Add a Teacher
Any administrator can add a teacher to their school account! Select the appropriate classroom, then navigate to the Teachers tab at the top of the page. Click on "Add Teachers" or the green circle plus button, then enter the teacher's information.
Add the teacher's first and last name, email address, and phone number (optional). You can choose to either create a unique password for them that they are able to change after they have logged in or you can leave the password field blank. If you chose to leave the password field blank, the user will receive an email prompting them to set up a password.
- Teachers can create other teachers in their classroom, so you can add a lead teacher yourself, then have him or she add the other teachers!
- Some programs choose to have one login per classroom that all the teachers share, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. Other programs have separate logins for each user.
- If you choose to take advantage of our integrated family engagement features, it's important to know that families can never see an administrator's or teacher's contact information! They will see that the information is from the classroom name or administrator name.
Edit User Information
At any time, you can edit user information, including contact information or passwords.
Change User Contact Information
To change contact information, including email address or phone number, select on the edit (pencil) icon and a new screen will pop up, allowing you to make changes.
There are three convenient ways for passwords to be reset.
- If you need to reset the password of another user within your account, first find the user's profile in your Roster. To change their password, select their name and the edit (pencil) icon. Enter in a new password and select save.
- To reset your own password, you can send yourself a password reset link by going to my.kaymbu.com, entering your email, and selecting Forgot Password on the next screen. Doing so will send a password reset link directly to your email address.
- If you are already logged in, you can reset passwords by selecting your initials at the top of the menu and selecting the edit (pencil) icon to make changes to your password.
You can learn more about updating your password here!
Kaymbu users can exist in and toggle between different classrooms and user levels in the system! For example, a teacher can have an AM and a PM classroom and switch back and forth between the two as needed. Directors can also add themselves to each of their classrooms so they can also capture observations throughout the school day. You can learn more about Dynamic Users, including how to set them up in this article.
Move and Delete Users
At any time, you can move or delete user profiles. To move or delete accounts, select their profile from the roster. Below their account information, you will find the options to move or delete users. Please note that if you move a Teacher, they will no longer have access to the Lesson Plans they created at their previous classroom. If you have questions about this, reach out to us at email@example.com