What are Kaymbu courses?
Kaymbu offers online courses that are designed to help new and exciting users use the system and assessment effectively. The available courses are self-paced and self-guided, allowing for users to take them as time permits. The courses are built into your subscription cost and are available for all Kaymbu users. After successful completion of a course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
HighScope also hosts additional professional development courses, which you can learn about here. If you have any questions about our course offerings or certificates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- Accessing Kaymbu Courses & Creating an Account
- Course Library
Accessing Kaymbu Courses & Creating an Account
The Kaymbu courses are available on the website learn.kaymbu.com. To access the courses, select the button to “Sign Up Now” and create a free account. Please note, the credentials you use for Kaymbu are not linked to this page. You can use the same email and password but you will need to create an account before starting the courses.
Kaymbu offers courses for all Kaymbu users, including those that have the COR Advantage assessment. You can learn more about the different offerings below as well as recommended pathways.
Kaymbu Training Courses
Kaymbu training courses include Kaymbu 101 for Teachers and Kaymbu 101 for Directors. You can learn more about these courses below. We recommend that teachers that are new to Kaymbu take Kaymbu 101 for Teachers whereas directors should take Kaymbu 101 for Directors.
- Kaymbu 101 for Teachers: This course is designed for teachers as they are getting started with their new Kaymbu accounts. In this course, we cover setting up your account, capturing and managing Moments, as well as some additional family engagement features.
- Kaymbu 101 for Directors: This course is designed for directors as they are getting their new Kaymbu account set up. In this course, we provide an overview of account setup, Moments, Tags, Storyboards, Reports, and Portfolios.
- Navigating Kaymbu as a Director: This course is designed for directors and administrators new to Kaymbu and COR Advantage. This course provides an in-depth look at account settings and using the platform as an administrator. In this course, we walk through initial account set-up, adjusting settings, and regular workflows, including monitoring attendance, setting up monthly center-wide meal menus, and approving photos.
- Daily Care with Kaymbu: This course is designed for educators who are using the Kaymbu Daily Care Package, which includes both Attendance and Daily Sheets. This course covers how to use all aspects of Attendance, Daily Sheets, and their respective reports.
- Family Engagement with Kaymbu: This course is designed for teachers who will be using Kaymbu to build and strengthen relationships with families. In this course, we cover everything you need to know about the family engagement features in Kaymbu, including adding families to the Roster, Moments, Messaging, Storyboards, the Family App, and more.
COR Advantage Assessment Courses
COR Advantage assessment courses include Getting Started with COR Advantage, Scoring COR Advantage Observations, and the Inter-Rater Reliability tests. You can learn more about these courses below.
For users that are new to using the Kaymbu software and COR Advantage assessment, we recommend they take Getting Started with COR Advantage followed by Scoring COR Advantage Observations. Once they have completed both of those courses, we would then recommend they take the IRR Infant/Toddler or IRR Preschool test.
If users are more familiar with the Kaymbu system and just looking to better understand the assessment, we recommend they take Scoring COR Advantage Observations and then complete the IRR tests.
- Getting Started with COR Advantage: This course is designed for teachers who are new to the online COR Advantage assessment platform. In this course, we cover everything you need to know to get started, including how to set up your classroom roster and how to add observations to complete your children’s assessments.
- Scoring COR Advantage Observations: This course is designed for educators who are looking for practice scoring observations using the COR Advantage assessment. In this course, we cover the structure and content of the COR Advantage assessment, the scoring process, and we provide practice scoring sample anecdotes.
- Inter-Rater Reliability Courses: The Inter-Rater Reliability, or IRR, tests allow users to check their scoring skills to ensure that they are selecting appropriate indicators for the COR Advantage assessment items. Click this link to find the Preschool IRR, and here to find the Infant-Toddler IRR.
- Spanish Courses: The introductory courses to COR Advantage are now available in Spanish for any staff members who’d prefer to learn about the platform in Spanish.
- Introducción a COR Advantage (Español): This 30-minute introductory course is the best place to start for new teachers! They will learn how to navigate the account and how to add observations to complete their assessments.
- Calificando Observaciones con COR Advantage (Español): This 1-hour course provides plenty of practice for scoring high-quality observations. Perfect for gaining a deeper understanding of the COR Advantage assessment.