As an administrator, getting started with Kaymbu involves getting your account set up, navigating key features, and understanding the training and support resources available. This is important for both new accounts and new administrators to be sure they are prepared to help and support their staff as they begin to capture observations. This article and attached checklist will help make sure you cover all of your bases as you get started!
Table of Contents
- Pathways to Get Started
- Technical Tutorial
- Account Management
- Overview of Features
- Training & Support
Pathways to Get Started
As you are getting started there are three different resources you can use to guide the process.
- Technical Tutorial: In the next section of this article is e a technical tutorial linked that will walk you through how to get started
- Article: Within this article is an outline of the basic steps with descriptions to get started as well as links to other articles.
- PDF: Finally attached is a PDF of the same materials, in an abbreviated checklist format
You can choose to use whichever combination of these resources is most helpful for you!
This 15-minute tutorial for administrators provides an overview of getting started with Kaymbu. It is designed for programs that also have access to the COR Advantage assessment.
Account management includes getting your account ready for teachers to start capturing observations. If your Kaymbu account also has the COR Advantage assessment, additional steps are required, outlined below in Period Settings and Customization.
Setting up your entities involves adding and naming centers (if needed) and classrooms.
- Add Entities: Administrators that have the COR Advantage assessment can add centers and classrooms into their accounts through Settings. If you do not have the COR Advantage assessment, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to manage classrooms.
- Edit Entities: Administrators can rename entities (such as a classroom or center) via their Settings page.
Period Settings and Customization
Once all of the entities have been created, users with the COR Advantage assessment will need to set their assessment settings. Assessment settings are typically set up by the highest level user and are found in Settings > Period Settings.
- Set up a New Year: When you navigate to the Period Settings for the first time, you will find an unnamed school year below the School Year heading. Rename this year to align with your current academic year (i.e., 2021-2022)
- Add New Periods: Adding assessment periods is critical to ensure the data your teachers are collecting syncs with the Assessment Dashboard. There are no requirements for the number of periods or days within a period, although programs typically set 3-4 periods per academic year
Once your entities have been added and assessment settings have been set (if applicable), the next step is to prepare your Roster. This includes adding staff, students, and families (optional).
- Add Staff: Now that all of your classrooms are set up, you will need to add teachers so that they can have access. We recommend adding all of the teachers that will need access but you can also come back and add more teachers as the year progresses
- Add Students: Add students to their respective classrooms so teachers are ready to get started! Please note that teachers can also add students.
- Add Families: While you are not required to add family members to the account, it is recommended that you will be sharing communication or content from the Kaymbu platform.
Overview of Features
Kaymbu offers several features from our platform that we encourage you to explore such as Storyboards, Lesson Planner, and Daily Sheets. You can learn more from the Features section of our help page. For purposes of getting started, there are two important features that are highlighted below:
- Moments Page: The Moments page is the hub of all observations that have been published into your account. As an administrator, you will see all of the observations published while teachers will only see the observations for their classroom.
- COR Advantage Assessment Dashboard: The Assessment Dashboard is available for users with the COR Advantage assessment. This tool will be helpful as you track and view assessment data.
Training & Support
Kaymbu offers different resources for training and support. You can learn more about our offerings below:
- Training Courses: Self-guided and self-paced courses available for users. Learn more about the courses available and how to sign up.
- Help Page: Our help page is easily accessible from your Kaymbu menu. Quickly search for topics from the search bar or browse the categories available.
- Support Team: Reach out to a member of our support team for any assistance!