What are Moments?
Moments are observations of students that are captured as photos, videos, or text-based anecdotes. This versatile documentation allows users to capture special moments throughout the day, such as group activities or special one-on-one interactions. Moments are initially stored as Drafts and once they are published, they can be re-purposed and shared through a variety of features such as the Digest or Storyboards.
Table of Contents:
- Accessing Moments
- Accessing Drafts
- Publishing Moments
- Sharing Moments
You can access Moments from the Kaymbu or COR Advantage app on your device or from the website my.kaymbu.com by going to Menu > Moments.
Moments that have been captured or uploaded but have not yet published are initially stored as Drafts.
Drafts that are uploaded or captured in the app are device-specific and can only be accessed through the same device. This means if you capture photos through the app on your phone, you will only be able to access those photos on that same phone because they are saved to the device itself. Drafts that are uploaded into the web will sync and be accessible on other web browsers and computers.
Accessing Drafts for Teachers
Teachers can access Drafts from the Kaymbu or COR Advantage app on their device by going to Menu > Drafts.
Teachers can also access Drafts from the website my.kaymbu.com by going to Menu > New Observation.
Accessing Drafts for Administrators
Drafts can only be added through the teacher level. If Administrators want to capture or upload observations, they can do so by adding themselves as a Dynamic User. Dynamic Users can switch back and forth between different classrooms and/or user levels. For more information and to learn how to create Dynamic Users, click here.
When publishing an observation from the Drafts page to the Moments page, there are a few different sections and options to complete.
- Complete the observation: This could include a photo, video, or anecdote and includes the option to add a caption and add more detailed notes below.
- Select the applicable students and/or teachers: You have the option to select the entire class, teachers, multiple students, or individual students as necessary. You must make at least one selection to be able to publish.
- Add tags: If your school is using learning or assessment standards, you can select them from the Tags option. For more information about tags, click here.
- Select sharing options: You can make an observation private and not share it with families, by selecting "More" and select the "Private" option or by selecting "Save to Moments." If you'd like to share the observation, you can do so by selecting "Send Now" or "Save to Digest."
When publishing Moments through the Drafts page, you can select to publish the Moment without sending or share it with families of the children that have been tagged.
If you choose to share Moments, you can do so by selecting either "Send Now" or "Send in Digest."
- "Send Now" will send the moment(s) to families of the tagged students in real-time as an email and/or text.
- "Send in Digest" will send the moment(s) to families of the tagged students at the day(s) and time(s) selected in your Settings. If you select "Send in Digest," the Moment can be viewed on your Moments page, but won't be sent to the families until the time selected. To learn more about the Digest, click here.
For more information on what families see when teachers and administrators send information home, click here.