Overview of Managing Observations
In the Kaymbu platform, teachers with COR Advantage are able to upload photos, videos, and anecdotes through the Drafts page on the app or through the New Observation page on the web. Teachers can also upload observations directly into their assessments via the Assessment Dashboard.
Table of Contents
- Adding and Scoring Observations
- Removing and Deleting Observations
Adding and Scoring Observations
Completing the COR Advantage assessment requires that users add, tag, and score observations. There are three different ways to add observations in the Kaymbu platform.
Drafts and New Observation Pages
Teachers can add observations through the Drafts page on the app or through the New Observations page on the web. You can learn more about how to capture or upload observations in the article, How to Capture and Share Moments. Once you have captured or uploaded your observations, you also have to add and score COR Advantage items or tags. Once you have added tags to your observations will automatically populate in your Assessment Dashboard. Using the Drafts and New Observation pages are a better option for family engagement, as this option also allows you to send the Moments directly to families.
Observations can also be added directly through the Assessment Dashboard on your menu. This is a great option if you are trying to be sure that you have completed the COR Advantage assessment as you can see the completion percentage and also see any items that are missing observations. Using the Assessment Dashboard also ensures your observations are automatically applied to the right period. It is important to note that using the Assessment Dashboard will not allow you to automatically share your observations with families.
When using the Assessment Dashboard, you have three options for adding observations:
- Add from Moments - Earlier we mentioned that you can save observations to the Moments page. Selecting Add from Moments gives you the option to pull those observations directly into your assessment.
- Upload Photo/Video - This is a very similar process to New Observation, except the observation, will go right onto the student’s assessment. Please note that you will not be given the option to share the observation with families if you load it into the system this way.
- Add Anecdote - Just like in the example above, you will be able to write your anecdote, then connect it right into the student’s assessment, and score it!
Removing and Deleting Observations
There may be reasons you want to remove an observation from a student’s assessment or delete an anecdote or photo entirely from your account. Follow the instructions below to make sure you always have your data in the right place.
1. Remove an observation from a student’s Family Report. If there’s an observation you do not want to include in the Family Report that you will share with parents at the end of the period, simply click on the checkmark in its top-left corner to deselect it. Now it will not appear in the final Family Report. This observation will be included in the assessment data when you are looking at the total number of observations, average scores, and highest scores.
2. Remove an observation from a student’s Assessment. If you need to remove the observation from a student’s Assessment completely, simply click on the three dots in the top right corner of the observation, and then select the student's section. Deselect the appropriate student, and the observation will no longer be included in his or her assessment, but will still be stored in your account
3. Delete an observation from your classroom. If for some reason you want to remove an observation from your account entirely, navigate to the Moments page and locate it there. Click into the observation, then select the three dots at the top right of the screen. Once you do this the observation will be permanently deleted. For that reason, we do not recommend deleting anything unless it is absolutely necessary.
Please sign in to leave a comment.